Thursday, October 12, 2017

Interview sandwich/ PKPI



pertanyaan-pertanyaan seputar wawancara sandwich/ PKPI program 

Question: Why sandwich?
Answer : Well, I think I can come out with some reasons. First, it’s rather personal. I want to see what it’s like to live with these people whose first/ second language is English. I want to see whether I am capable of surviving. I want to see what will be the obstacles or differences living in a place where English is a basic requirement of communication. Second reason is professional. I want to sharpen my knowledge on English teaching, research and scientific writing. I am all aware of the emergency of knowing the last two things I mentioned before: doing research and writing scientifically, as our government has put some efforts to enhance their human resources in this direction. So, I would like to see how I’m gonna do this. I believe doing this program is one way to achieve this specific goal. 

Question: Have you talked to your supervisors?
Answer: I have, several times, indeed. I talked about my sandwich interest last year, after my proposal seminar, to my first supervisor. But it seems that he thought that it could be such a waste of time since it will be more like holiday and doing shopping rather than continuing my dissertation, especially with my circumstance last year, when I didn’t have much of collecting data. I understand his worries. But I didn’t give up. I keep on trying to get see LOA from some universities. And when finally I had two LOAs, I went to him again and showed him these acceptance letters and what data I had collected. He may be moved by my progress and enthusiasm that he finally approved my plan. So, he had seen my proposed work plan during the sandwich program.

Question: Have you talked to your broad supervisor?
Answer: I have. I explain about my intention in the first email. In fact, I was way too straight about my intention. With my experiences looking for LOAs some professors can be very busy that they don’t to listen to some chit chat. So I just went straight. I attached my proposed work program, my dissertation proposal. And she replied that it’s exactly in line with her work. I learn from her CV that she is very expert in teacher professional development which is my biggest issue in my research. I also communicated this kind of changing in PKPI schedule that was firstly designed to be started in April. Then she knew about all of these time changes, and says that she will be available for me this year. 

Question: What challenges do you think you will face mostly?
Answer : I’m sure it’s related about the way of living. To know about means of transportation, culture, accepted behavior, etc

Question: How many percent left from the completion of your dissertation?
Answer : I have done about 90% of the work. I guess I have to finish another 10 % after this sandwich program.

Question: Have you written any journal related to your dissertation?
Answer: I have, one journal which is international with scopus index and two other are published in a DOAJ indexed international journal


No comments:

Post a Comment